My idea is/I suggest you ...

Create a better way of reporting illegal videos

I have come across a hidden camera video of me that was posted without my consent. Despite having reported it when it was only a few hours old and had less than 100 views the video remained up. It's now been 2 days and has over 9,000 views and I've already had people send me texts about the video. Xtube's system of reviewing and flagging videos is inadequate.

Either:
1. Have videos removed from public view once they've been flagged enough UNTIL it's been reviewed by staff
or
2. Create a new category for flagging for illegal content and have those reviews processed faster.

As for me, I'll have to continue keep reporting the video until somebody gets off their butts in support and removes it.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mrfrenchfox commented  · 

Nobody would like to be in that situation. Come on, help the guy.

• AdminAdmin (Support and Development Team, XTube) commented  · 

DMCA notices may also include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner of the affected content so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of that Act. It is our policy to document all notices of alleged infringement on which we act.
        Additionally, the video has been removed from Xtube.

• John commented  · 

Hello Admin Team,

That response is very generic and doesn't even make sense. Firstly, if you were recorded without your consent you don't own the copyright to the video. The photographer does despite how disgusting and stupid that is. Filing a copyright infringement notice is not only the inappropriate response, but it would put me at risk of being charged with perjury.

The only method a person in my shoes has of removing the videos is working with webmaster and the admin teams of these sites to have the video removed. As I stated in my original comment I have been reporting this video for 36+ hours and have yet to get any assistance from anybody on your side. Opposed to copying and pasting a response how about you actually reach out to me personally to help resolve my issue?

Or does Xtube really need to be served by the local police department before they take any action? The level of incompetence with you guys is mind-blowing. This certainly can't be your first time encountering an issue like this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base