My idea is/I suggest you ...

STOP The Over Zealous Censorship & Restraints On Posts

This site is becoming a joke with your over zealous censorship & restraints on posts. Your censorship is way out of control censoring "Keywords" and NOT taking into consideration the context. Your site censors common words that shouldn't be censored like the word "p-a-i-n-t-e-d" gets censored to ****ted because your site censors the word "pain" automatically, same for many other words like the word "t-w-i-n" which makes the word "twinks" come out as ****ks. Stop all this stupid censorship! This is an adult site there NEEDS to be NO censorship!
In regard to posts your site gets far too over zealous about supposed "copyrights". If you notice normal social networking sites like Myspace, facebook, Tumblr, Flickr,...... allow people to share others photos even if it's a meme that has another sites url on the meme, but your site gets all nazi about it. Sites like YouTube, DailyMotion, ....... all allow people to share video & court rulings have sided with these sites over those complaining about copyrighted material, but your site forbids stuff without even having the person who legally holds the copyright complain you just automatically ban stuff. This is stupid & must stop!
I would like to see this site become better, but if you want to choke this site to death & micromanage it into bankruptcy then go right ahead, but do NOT say that your users didn't warn you! Please start using more common sense & less stupidity and over zealous attitudes in running this site.
You also need to get with the current times & stop stupidly censoring stuff like "420" or hemp references considering this is a world wide site & some countries like Holland and now many states in America have been legalizing hemp to correct the fact that people are waking up to the truth about the hypocrisy of it all.
You people censor this site like it was designed for juveniles instead of accepting that users are adults. We are adults, so give us our adult rights & stop constantly infringing our rights.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sissy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminAdmin (Support and Development Team, XTube) responded  · 

Hey Sissy!

We appreciate your feedback! The censorship system has been re-established. Some videos are flagged because they appear to contain professionally produced content and as we are an amateur site, typically our users will flag any videos that appear to contain professional content. If users don’t own the rights to them, then unfortunately they cannot distribute them! Additionally a public profile’s videos can have no website addresses, watermarks or anything that either directs a user to another site or could be considered an advertisement in them or in their description/title as this is a violation of the User Agreement.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

and it has nothing to do with watermarks or links. It's WORDS that are being censored. Also the notifications are ridiculous. Many of us have added content to your site over the years, driving traffic to the site, so we should be considered.

• Anonymous commented  · 

i'm sorry but why is there censorship of certain words like Daddy, girl, etc etc. I can't even send a message to friends without it containing a message about "banned words". For what legal reason is this happening?

• Karakuroraka3 commented  · 

Clearly you care nothing for the user experience of you keep censoring titles of videos to the point that we can't even tell what we're about to watch. You absolutely can change this system. If you're current software doesn't 't allow to just block urls without policing speech, you need to buy a new one, or pay a staff programmer to fix it. The video watermarks are irrelevant, because there is no way you're using the same software to do both things, unless the people who are running this site are absolute morons. Please, stop posting crap responses and acting like you've given us PR gold and just get your shit together. I'm sure that'll become a bunch of little stars....

• Sissy commented  · 

Admin, you say censored words are being monitored, so why is it that your site is still stupidly censoring the word G-I-R-L including now censoring my username. WTF !?! Could you please pull your heads out of your butts & STOP the stupid censoring of common words? This site is heading into the toilet fast because of this type of stupidity.

• AdminAdmin (Support and Development Team, XTube) commented  · 

Hey Sissy!

We appreciate that you share your feedback and suggestions with us. We work hard to improve the site daily and our users experience is always our number one priority, but we cannot change this, it is how the system works, having watermarks in videos or photos that will direct users to different sites is not allowed and is against the User Agreement. Thanks for understanding.

• Sissy commented  · 

Admin, with all do respect why should you care if someone mentions another site or has a vid that advertises another site? If you would make this site better no one would have a reason to leave this site & you would gain many more users. It's not like any regular social networking sites (like say Myspace or Facebook) care whats in videos shared from regular video sites (like YouTube, DailyMotion). The only reason you have to fear videos that show urls to other sites is that maybe someone will advertise a site better than this one which would cost this site users. So that part of the User Agreement needs to be changed as part of your improving the site, like I said you can just keep micromanaging the site into bankruptcy or not seeing it's full potential the choice is yours. I'm just trying to tell you how the site could be better if you really wanted to get more users & make real money (like Mark Zuckerberg type billions) instead of the chump change you're making now.

• Sissy commented  · 

It's your over zealous censorship & stupid micromanagement of this site that keeps this site making pennies instead of making you billions like the owners of Facebook, ........ are making.

Feedback and Knowledge Base