My idea is/I suggest you ...

My videos are being loaded on other sites

How should I stop that?
Is there a way to make my videos viewable only on xtube? Should I put them only on private?
I enjoy people watching my videos and really want to keep posting. But not if someone can just
Copy it and take it to another site. Thanks
Let me know what I can do

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminAdmin (Support and Development Team, XTube) responded  · 

Hello!

Please note that free content is downloadable from the site, content which is for sale/rent is not. What you can do, is set your videos to private as Brevin suggested, therefore videos can only be viewed when you provide the pin to those you want to see your videos, and you can also file a notice of infringement to Dmca, you can read our Copyright Policy by going here: http://www.xtube.com/dmca

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brevin Kant commented  · 

You can also put them on private and provide the pin to only those you wish to watch the video. However it only takes one person to copy the video. xTube allows you to download the videos when you're logged in or there are plugins that allow it too.

• Brevin Kant commented  · 

You can send a DMCA notice and that website has to take it down within 24/48 hours. Every website has one. You just have to send proof that it is you in the video and respond in the certain format that is outlined. xTube has a good write-up on it. http://www.xtube.com/dmca

Also, you can watermark your videos meaning put your username embedded INTO the video itself using a program for your operating system. I put "myusername @ xtube.com"

That will disallow people from re-posting most places unless they crop it. There's only so much you can do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base