My idea is/I suggest you ...

Private videos now visible

I see that private videos are now visible on lists of user content. They used to be visible like that years ago, and I think it's a good idea. However, I will now need to revisit those videos to check that the thumbnail doesn't show anything that I want to keep private.

It would have been nice to get a notification before this change was put into effect.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    xvgsoh shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminAdmin (Support and Development Team, XTube) responded  · 

Hello Xvqsoh!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Yes private videos appear under the video tab of the profiles, but can only be viewed when the pin is provided.

We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • xvgsoh commented  · 

I've been here long enough to know the history of private videos, in case you're interested. They were visible on lists originally, as they are again now. Then Xtube introduced animated thumbnails that would scrub through the video itself when you rolled the mouse cursor over them. Obviously that exposed the private videos to view without the need for a PIN, so the system was changed so that private videos were hidden completely, as they were until just recently. The animated thumbnails were withdrawn (there were lots of problems with them), but the private videos remained private.

I would still like to see two levels of privacy, and I have been asking for this for a long time. There should be public videos as now, and private videos as now, but also a third category that only friends can see. I don't think there is any need to offer PIN protection for those as an alternative. Simply disable display for non-friends.

Feedback and Knowledge Base