My idea is/I suggest you ...

Allow users to block keywords of their choice from dashboard; like "speculum" and "scat"

There are some things that kill my boner, and I'd like a preference to block things like that. Too extreme.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jerome C shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • digi-lover commented  · 

Im tried of seeing the "piss" Videos everywhere i search. I search "cum" and more than half the results are "piss and cum", "public" = "public wetting", I hate "watersports/urination" videos and would like to not see them anymore.

• Mark commented  · 

On Google, you can exclude a word or phrase my putting a minus sign before it in the search. For example: muscle, fuck, male, -scat. It would be great if we could do this on xtube. There are certain users shit I'm tired of seeing just because they use every search word imaginable or dominate a category. I would like to be able to say -username.

• krebain commented  · 

Boolean function on the search engine would make that work, probably...

• DirtyZuZa commented  · 

I would have to seriously wonder about your decision to choose 'scat' as an example. A couple of searches I have made have produced the following results against a search for 'scat'

Videos
        No results for your search.
        Photos
        No photos found. Please search again!

Forgive me if I have misunderstood your point.

I can vouch that upon XTube the word 'sleep' is Banned. No other website that I know of takes such stringent measures. Another website has now Banned any form of cuddly toy appearing within content. While upon another the word 'Teen' has become Totally Taboo. Banned. While I do appreciate that you are attempting to filter content ONLY subscribing to your own personal preferences and clearly have no intention of imposing your own ideals upon other users, still, in a society that remains Acutely Sexually Sick where gratuitous violence and even murder are welcomed as wholesome family viewing, whereas two people taking their clothes off and having sex is seen as an outrage, from within this society that is hellbent upon sexual suppression, even to the insane point where a damn thieving credit card company can turn around and start dictating what we can see or read and that which we cannot, then you and I have become the last foothold in retaining any kind of freedom from within this Enormously Healthy and Personally Beneficial dimension that I shall call Sexual Expression. Again, I applaud you for Only wishing to place restrictions upon your own experience Without affecting the experience of anybody else. However, the mere mention of an individual experiencing some discomfort with a given trend, no matter how obscure, well, I have to wonder if we are not playing directly into the hands of the few controlling elite who have already calculated that Sexual Liberties remain the last bastion of strength that has so far eluded their otherwise total control over how we live our lives upon a day to day basis. Religion, Education, The Media, what you believe to be true, have long been consumed. Human Sexuality remains the Last and Sole threat to the very people who are controlling everything else in your life.

• smldkphatass commented  · 

I also like the idea, but I'm not sure it's possible. I'm pretty sure packtloss said XTube can't do custom filtering for every user. It would put a significant load on the servers if every video had to be checked against a per-user blacklist. Right now, the XTube home page says there are 21,000 users online. At that scale, even a few extra seconds per page view is a major issue.

• La_Gordita_Bonita commented  · 

You know, I hadn't considered this before... but I think I kinda like it. I usually just use keywords I *know* I like to search vids here on Xtube and rarely ever encounter anything I don't like... but every once in a while, something unpleasant (to me) does sneak itself in... I am interested to see how this particular idea plays out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base