My idea is/I suggest you ...

Search keywords or tags within a category

Search within a category, ie: search POV in the Amateur Category. Amateur POV search currently results in: Amateur, POV and Amatuer & POV. You can sort by relevance, but then you cannot sort by length or popularity. A simple search structure such as:

Keyword(s) or tag(s): ________
Category: Choose from drop down box
Duration: Choose from drop down box
Positing Date: This week, This Month, etc.
Search Button

Simply being able to search within a cetegory for a given set of results would set xtube and her sister sites apart from all of the other sites out there in a big way.

Setting the search function up in this way would not be difficult, but finding a way to set a unique category to your thousands of movies would be the hardest, I would think. It would all depend on your database structure, I would imagine. Since you use php you would simply need to adjust your table structure in MySQL. I admit, I am not familiar enough with the programming languages to be more helpful than to give an idea and possible direction.

Thank you for caring enough about your visitors to provide a forum for these sorts of things.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    james head shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • rachl commented  · 

why did you get rid of this???? :(

• james head commented  · 

I also think that this would address the Navigation drop down box for Popular Videos as well as the request for more advanced search. A nested table or fram just above the most recent videos would be very valuable. After a user hits the landing page and gets a glimpse at the most recent content, they would easily be able to find the most recent content within they category they prefer and drill down by tag.

As an alternative, providing the option to search for pics or videos with the following options would solve the need for searching within categories:

all these words:
        this exact word or phrase:
        any of these words:
        none of these words:

I believe, that this would combine, and solve several of the suggestions I read today. I would have included this in my earlier post, but only just thought of it as I was searching for something on Google.

Feedback and Knowledge Base