My idea is/I suggest you ...

Provide guidance on achieving maximum video quality

This is related to the "Restore video quality" suggestion (http://feedback.xtube.com/forums/190858-xtube-ideas-and-feedback/suggestions/3739702-restore-video-quality).

> "we can't change the quality of the videos that are uploaded to us"

There's nothing worse than ugly video of a beautiful woman. Some people upload crappy video, and that's all on them. XTube can't *improve* the quality of uploaded videos. However, you can *degrade* the quality during transcoding.

When I compare my source material with what shows up on XTube, there's definitely a loss in quality. Some loss is unavoidable, because nobody can stream high bitrate video. My concern is that the loss seems variable, and I don't understand why.

My camcorder records H.264 at 1080p, 30fps, ~22Mbit/sec VBR. My computer can barely keep up when reading those files from the hard disk -- obviously nothing can stream at that rate. I bring this footage into Adobe Premier, edit it, and then render at much lower bitrate for uploading to XTube.

I'd like to have clear guidance on how to achieve maximum quality after transcoding. I want to know how your "good quality" example (http://www.xtube.com/amateur_channels/play.php?preview_id=vKAwYFIs___&type=preview ) achieved that result.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    smldkphatass shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jay commented  · 

I have to agree. I've uploaded videos a number of times that were great quality on my computer, but are degraded when they become available for viewing on Xtube. If I knew what the sweet spot was, I'd use it. A guide would be nice. I always thought file size was the issue, but I see videos all the time that manage to be high quality AND are larger than my videos (which tend to be under 2:00 minutes). What do we need to do?

• xxx293xxx commented  · 

all the vidos r good i like and i injoy it i love xtube love

Feedback and Knowledge Base