My idea is/I suggest you ...

The New Video Player Really Sux.

Years ago viewers were able to drag the scrubber along the progress bar to see frame by frame what was ahead in the video, and you got rid of that... probably for the peeps posting those 15 second previews, which by the way I never click on... at all any more. But instead you got a sort of frame by frame preview by just moving the pointer along the progress bar.
Now, with this "new" viewer, you have neither.
You can still click ahead but possibly miss a "good part".
This is less user friendly and you are the only site of this type that has gone to this so far.
It's a really bad idea to remove features instead of building on them, like some sites having the option of slow motion.
I understand the idea of some new person coming in and wanting to put his own imprint on a site just to make a change for changes sake, but to regress to the point of being like sites were fifteen years ago is just ludicrous.
Whose idea was it to make these fiddly little changes? This is just doodling with a site that used to be the best, but now is just making changes that really have no actual functionality and actually remove function... which is really annoying, and I don't go to websites to be annoyed.
If nobody at Xtube knows how to make being able to drag the scrubber along the progress bar to show a frame by frame in the viewer... I can show you.
Now, I'm off to one of the sites that used to compete with Xtube, but now Xtube competes with.
Sure, I'll still come around, but I sure won't be staying as long because of these fiddly, nervous little changes.
And by the way... one of your main commercial posters doesn't like the changes either.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim commented  · 

Thanks, Imagem. This is why I'm spending less and less time here and more and more time on other sites when I'm in the mood.
        Literally every other site has the features mentioned and a few even have a slo-mo feature built into their settings!
        Here, one by one the features left. The animated thumbnails left. The ability to pull the video almost frame by frame left. The ability to "see ahead" just by running the cursor along the progress bar left. Now we don't have squat... and one of the major commercial uploaders here that I've been in contact with isn't that happy about it either.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just been searching the internet for a fix to not being able to view ahead with thumbnail. So it's Xtube that stopped this feature?!!! With this feature gone I now find myself on other sites a lot more and very little time on Xtube if any. Xtube was my go to site for years but it's not any more.
        PS: I just looked on Alexa web traffic reporting, Xtube has been in a huge decline lately with number of viewers.

• Jim commented  · 

@ XT1... Your comment really says nothing in a really detached sort of way. It's like you have a system where you "Press 1 to send this message out".
        Just answer this: When are the deleted features going to be replaced?

• imajem commented  · 

Jim is right! This and the now defunct "Add to favorites" button remind me of the programmer who wrote an accounting program that wouldn't accept negative numbers. You folks need to get out of your cubicles and find out what your users need and want.

• XT1 commented  · 

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base