My idea is/I suggest you ...

What happened to the subscription newsfeed?

Now, the subscription newsfeed page tells me to subscribe to amateurs that I don't want to pay to see instead of the users I subscribe to whose content is free.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    xvgsoh shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • xvgsoh commented  · 

I also see a lot of stuff that I don't necessarily want. BUT, if you click "View All" at the bottom of the dropdown list, you get the notifications on a proper webpage that has a filter (on the right hand side) where you can select what kind of notifications you want to see.

It only includes options that apply to the current notification list.

• hung8pdx commented  · 

Removed him as a friend, unsubscribed, blocked him, yet I'm still getting paid-video after paid-video in my subscriptions.

If this doesn't get fixed soon I guess I'll just quit using xtube since the whole reason I get on here is to avoid paid videos

• xvgsoh commented  · 

He's been sending friend requests. Did you accept one? If you've accepted a friend request then you'll get news on the newsfeed.

• hung8pdx commented  · 

I'm getting videos and users I've never subscribed to on my subscription feed and there is no way to remove them.

for example, amateur-user BulgeXXL started to appear on my feed despite me not following him, and i've even gone as far as to block him, yet his videos are still clogging my subscription feed.

xTube just keeps getting worse and worse with updates like these. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

• xvgsoh commented  · 

It's back! Thank you very much. I suspect that this might be the reason that my last weekly video only got a fraction of the views and votes and comments that I usually get.

I have nothing against amateurs, but there's no reason why they should have the subscription newsfeed to themselves.

• xvgsoh commented  · 

Yes, that page has always been there. I have 15 PAGES of users that I subscribe to, and it takes me half a day to go through to see if there is anything new.

I put in a request over six years ago to have that page sequenced so that new posts came out first, and I was told that it was on the XTube developer list of things to do

When the subscriber newsfeed appeared a few months ago, I thought that it was the long awaited answer to that request. But now the feed of posts by people that I ACTUALLY subscribe to has disappeared, to be replaced by an invitation to subscribe to people that I DON'T WANT to subscribe to. The new list is TOTALLY USELESS. i don't want to see any of those suggested people, I want to see the people that I subscribe to already.

This is simply not acceptable. Please restore the old newsfeed immediately.

Feedback and Knowledge Base